K-5 Math Adoption Task Force
Adoption Process Timeline:
- October-November 2013
- Host K-5 Math Adoption Family Forum @ MVHS Oct 15 4:30-6 PM
- Gather feedback from parents, students and teachers about math program needs from multiple pathways
- Select Task Force members – teachers, parents, community
- Evaluate six math programs
- Go Math! – Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Math in Focus – Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Math Expressions – Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Everyday Math – McGraw-Hill
- My Math – McGraw-Hill
- Envisions – Pearson
- Offer opportunity to any parent/community member to view the 6 programs
- December 2013
- Host publisher showcase for questions and answers (December 11 – 4:40-6 PM Board Room)
- Host public review of materials; gather feedback
- January-March 2014
- Identify top two products for pilot
- Pilot top two programs in select classrooms
- March-April 2014
- Review pilot data
- May 2014
- Identify preferred choice for district implementation
- Host public review of materials
- Recommend new K-5 curriculum materials to Board of Education
- Board of Education approves new K-5 math curriculum
- June & August 2014
- Provide training to K-5 teachers
Your Feedback is Needed!
We want your feedback and insights. Please take some time to share with us your thoughts related to the following three questions:
- What do you like about our current K-5 math instructional program?
- What do you not like about our current K-5 math instructional program?
- What would you like to see in our next K-5 math instructional program?
Feel free to use the comments section on this blog to share your thoughts. Please note that there will be multiple opportunities throughout this school year to provide your perspectives throughout the entire process.
Also, we invite you to subscribe to this blog so that you are always getting the most up to date information about teaching and learning in the Thompson School District. Just enter your email in the top right corner of this blog and click the “Subscribe” button.
Community Review of Materials
We welcome any community member, teacher, student or parent to come and view the materials our task force will be evaluating. Please call or email Amber Wallace at 613-5056 to make an appointment. All the materials are housed in one of our professional development classrooms and at times, the room will be used for training purposes. We want to ensure that when you do arrive, you have easy access to the materials.
If you have any questions, please contact Diane Lauer, Executive Director of Instruction regarding this adoption process. Diane can be reached at email@example.com or 613-6785.